Wednesday 28 September 2011

ELEVATORS GO UP, ELEVATORS GO DOWN, @ 201 ELEVATORS GO NOWHERE

My top priority with this blog is to highlight vintage fashion and the stores where I have found my most precious vintage clothing.  On a serious note, I also want to take readers inside the reality of living in the non-gentrified neighbourhood of Moss Park. 
The biggest headache in our Moss Park location is the elevator situation in our high rise apartment building.  Since I moved here in January, the elevators have been an on-going problem for all tenants here @ 201.  There are 3 elevators in the building and there have been constant problems with all of them.  Our most temperamental elevator #3 was out of service for over 3 months this summer.    

I have spoken with the elevator repair company and they informed me the building’s owners were told over 20 years ago the elevators need to be replaced.  Since that time the building’s owners have ignored their professional advice and have chosen to have the repair company come out to the building, sometimes on a daily basis, to try and fix these outdated and ancient elevators.  At this point, they are so old the repair company told me  is almost impossible to even find the parts to repair them correctly.
I am encouraging tenants @ 201/191 to contribute/comment to these postings to increase awareness of this frustrating and potentially dangerous problem. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

201: THE ELEVATOR SAGA TN’s Tale 09-27-11

So you ask “Honey how did your day go?”

I say it started out beautifully as I looked and saw my precious gem asleep beside me. That is always the best part of my day.

Then I had to step out of the apartment and TRY to get the Frigging elevators to work. Standing there with me was a lady I had never seen before, but none the less, as pissed as I was as we waited at least 10 minutes before the anger over took me.

If I were in a car you could call it “Road Rage”! Three elevators and not a Damn One was working at 7am . What the F..k?@#!

So knowing I was about to start cussing out loud and disturbing innocent people I decided to jog down 20 flights of stairs.

That’s right folks, 20 flights of stairs.

To add further outrage to the situation, on the way down I had to step over one our neighborhoods’ legendary homeless population – a very huge man sleeping in the middle of the staircase on the 15th floor.

As I rounded each set of stairs to decend to another (2 sets per f…..g floor) I was thinking that I would stop at the 1st level and page the building management to Yell “Fix the Damn Elevators!!! And get the God Damn bum off the 15th floor staircase so people can at least not have to jump over him to get downstairs!

I was too stressed about being late for work now to take the time to try and piss off the management. Now I have to worry about the traffic because every five minutes late leaving in the car is like making a 15 minute delay added to the trip to work!

Just another stressful morning @ 201