Monday 21 November 2011

KINGPIN VINTAGE POP-UP SHOP @ CABARET BOUTIQUE

Terry & I attended the opening party for the Kingpin Vintage pop-up shop in Cabaret Boutique on Queen Street West.  Kingpin is unique in the vintage world in that they specialize in vintage clothing for men.  What a treat for Terry. Racks, & racks of men's vintage shirts, pants, suits, ties, cuff links.  What a welcome change for men & vintage. 
Jonathan, MaryLenore, Tao & Terry
FASHION CREDITS 
ML: Corseted full-length leather coat @ Northbound Leather.
ML: Mink cape, Beloved inherited vintage from Grandma Lenore
Terry: Vintage dress coat, Harry Rosen @ King of Kensington

MaryLenore & Jonathan Hagey (Kingpin)
Cabaret is one of my absolute favourite vintage stores in Toronto.  They carry exclusive, high end items that are guaranteed to be one of a kind.  My only disappointment of the night, I finally tried on my 2 top ‘wish list’ items at Cabaret:  a gorgeous, velvet Valentino evening gown and an elegant, Cannes inspired French bathing suit.  The Valentino was way too big and the bathing suit, just a little too small.  
Cabaret owner, Tao did bring to my attention a couple of other dresses that certainly struck my fancy.  He has such an expert eye in terms of picking a frock that works perfectly for you.  I am happy to report that I have found two new exquisite Cabaret vintage items to add to my wish list. I also found a great item for Terry @ Kinpin that should make it into his Christmas presents this season.
 
MaryLenore & Tao Drayton (Cabaret)

Fashion Credit:  MaryLenore
Vintage dress, a gift from Sarah McDermott (Openhearts Society)
Check out Jonathan's fabulous tie

Gentlemen:Thanks for a fun evening of fashion, friends and the best reason of all: an extensive range of men’s vintage attire options for Terry.










No comments: