Friday 25 November 2011

TABBY JOHNSON @ THE FLYING BEAVER

It is a privilege to give a shout-out to neighbourhood supper club The Flying Beaver Puberat (Parliament/Carlton).  Not a Moss Park shout-out, but pretty darned close (Cabbagetown).  Tonight I attended a sold-out show, in the hood, with Toronto’s much-loved Tabby Johnson. 

ML, Tabby Johnson, Patti Habib, Rosie Levine
I am embarrassed to admit it was my first time seeing Ms. Johnson perform.  How could this be with my long history in the Toronto indie music scene – I am baffled.
I was absolutely taken by her quirky style, her vocal talents, her humour plus an entertaining perspective into her celebrated history in the international music scene.  She is working on a new show and I had the privilege of witnessing the first installment tonight @ The Beaver.  It promises to be enlightening and humourous retrospect of Ms. Johnson’s life.

I look forward to additional entertaining chapters revealed with her upcoming monthly performances in 2012.
A special shout-out to my new FBF, Maggie @ The Flying Beaver.  Thanks for your kind hospitality.  What an utter joy to see fried pickles on the menu.  An absolute first for Terry & I here in Toronto.   Fried dill pickles is the Nashville food we miss the  most. 
Fashion Notes:  Tabby was wearing a lovely vintage blue velvet evening coat for the performance.  My apologies for not getting a  shot, Terry you were missed... 



No comments: